One Million Trees Mississauga provides corporate groups with an opportunity to do their part to improve the environment, give back to their communities, get active, socialize and team-build outside of regular working environments.
In 2017, a fee for corporate tree planting events was introduced. Fees paid by corporate groups will go back into the City of Mississauga’s tree planting programs and allow the City to deliver more planting projects in Mississauga.
In return for your investment, the City will:
- Plan and deliver a tree planting event specifically for your group (arranged in consultation with you)
- Provide all needed training, support and safety needs for your planting event
- Supply all planting tools and materials including trees, shovels and gloves
- Offer One Million Trees giveaway to participants
- Promote your business and your volunteer project on the City of Mississauga’s Parks and Forestry social media channels
- Provide your company with a One Million Trees certificate of recognition
- Recognize your business on the One Million Trees website
How much it costs
The 2023 fees for corporate tree planting events are as follows:
|People per event||Planting event fee||Cancellation fee|
|1 to 25||$879.12||$87.91|
|26 to 50||$2,344.30||$234.43|
|51 to 100||$5,860.75||$586.07|
|101 or more||$13,173.70||$1,317.37|
If you need to cancel your event, for a reason other than poor weather, there will be a cancellation fee of 10 per cent of the total event cost.