In the fall, the City of Mississauga provides a vacuum leaf pickup service on streets that are more than 35 years old and have many large mature trees.
Where leaves are picked up
You can refer to the leaf pickup route map and schedule to find out if your street is part of the leaf pickup program.
If your address is listed for the leaf pickup service, you’ll get a notice in the mail letting you know when leaves will be picked up in your area.
Rain or early snowfall can impact the collection schedule. To find out if your street is affected, you can call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).
Preparing for leaf pickup
If your area is listed for leaf pickup:
- Rake your leaves into a neat pile on the boulevard’s edge or into your ditch a day or two before the start of your collection week
- Don’t mix other items such as wood, bricks or brush as they can damage equipment and injure workers
- Keep the road and curbside storm drains clear of raked leaves
- Do not place garbage bags or bins on top of loose leaf piles
- Remove parked cars and sports equipment from the road
If you missed leaf pickup
If you missed the City’s leaf pickup or more leaves fall after your scheduled leaf pickup:
The Region of Peel will pick up leaves and yard waste that you have collected and placed in bins or paper bags on your regular waste collection day until mid-December.
You can compost your leaves or spread them around the base of your trees to fertilize the soil by protecting it against extreme temperatures.
If you need more information about the City’s leaf pickup program, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside city limits).
To find out more about the Region of Peel yard waste collection, visit peelregion.ca/waste.