You will need a park access permit if you:
- Have to access your private property through a City park or natural area to complete construction or renovations such as landscaping, tree removal, building a deck, fence or pool
- Are completing work on a City park or natural area such as utility maintenance or other non-park related construction
You should apply for your park access permit at least two weeks before your work begins.
A park access permit is different from a permit to book a picnic park and cannot be used to book a City park for group recreational activities.
Each permit costs $357.35. Additional fees may apply, depending on the work you’re completing.
Apply for a park access permit
- Email your completed park access permit application form and certificate of insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your certificate of insurance must have at least $2 million in coverage identifying the City of Mississauga as an additional insured.
- We’ll review your application and email you a checklist of any other requirements like a refundable security deposit or documents like a site plan that you’ll need to submit. If any additional documents are required from the checklist, email them to us
- Pay the permit fees by certified cheque or money order payable to ‘City of Mississauga’
What happens next
You will receive a copy of your permit by email once you’ve paid the applicable fees and security deposit.
When the work on your property is completed, email email@example.com to schedule a site inspection. Once your property passes the site inspection, we will mail you a cheque to refund your security deposits.