To be eligible to apply for this subsidy homeowners must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The property must be located on a street serviced by the FDC system
- Sump pump was installed on or after January 1, 2008
- Sump pump was installed by a plumber licensed in Ontario with a City of Mississauga business licence
- Original invoice(s) or receipt(s) for the full cost of the sump pump installation are attached to your completed application form. The invoice or receipt must show:
- Address where the sump pump was installed
- Name and business licence number of the contractor or plumber
- Cost breakdown of all charges
- Total amount paid
- Payment in full indicated by the contractor
- You have read and agreed to the terms and conditions for subsidy funding as written on the application form
To confirm if your property is serviced by the FDC system, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits). This map shows the approximate extents of the FDC system.
To make sure your plumber is licensed by the City of Mississauga call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).
How to apply
Complete and sign the Sump Pump Subsidy Program Application form and review the terms and conditions of the subsidy. Mail your application and invoice(s) or receipt(s) to:
Foundation Drain Collector (FDC) Sump Pump Subsidy
City of Mississauga
Transportation and Works Department, Environmental Services
300 City Centre Drive
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
What happens next
The City processes applications based on the date we receive them. The subsidy payments can take up to two months from that date.
You will be notified by mail whether your application has been approved or denied. The attached invoice or receipt will not be returned to you after your application is processed.
For more information, please call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.