A windrow is the pile of snow left at the bottom of a driveway after the plow clears the road. The City offers a driveway windrow clearing program for residents 65 years and older and for persons with disabilities.
The program is available to 300 participants on a first come, first serve basis. The program costs $200, but it’s free for residents who meet financial assistance criteria.
The program does not provide clearing of the entire driveway. Only the windrow at the end of the driveway is cleared.
Who is eligible
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a resident of Mississauga
- Be 65 years or older in 2020, or someone who is physically disabled as verified by a regulated health professional
- Not have an abled-bodied person living at the same residence
To qualify for the free program, the total net income of your household must be below the Statistics Canada low income cut-offs.
Only one person per address is eligible for this program. Residents who live on a private road, in a high-rise multi-unit building, condominium or within a commercial property are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
Required forms and documents
You need the following forms and documents when you apply:
- Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Application
- Proof of residency in Mississauga. This could be a driver’s licence, recent utility bill or lease agreement.
- Proof of your age, such as a birth certificate, driver’s licence or passport
If you have a physical disability, you’ll also need to submit one of the following forms verified by a registered health professional:
- Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Health Assessment
- City-issued accessible parking permit
- TransHelp acceptance letter
If you’re applying for the free program, you’ll also need to provide documents that show the total net income or earnings for your entire household.
One of the following forms will be accepted:
- Notice of Assessment form (T451) from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Ontario Disabilities Support Program (ODSP) drug benefit eligibility card
- Ontario Works drug/dental benefit eligibility card
- Ontario Sales Tax Benefit form or Ontario Trillium Benefit form
- Canada Child Tax Benefit notice
- Harmonized Sales Tax Credit notice
Send your completed application to email@example.com with photos or scans of the required documents or forms. If you are not applying for the free program, a City representative will contact you to complete a credit card payment over the phone.
The transmission of confidential information by email carries a normal level of risk of being breached. By using email to submit your application with supporting documents, you acknowledge that you are accepting this risk. The supporting documents received will not be maintained and will be destroyed immediately once they are verified. You may choose to password protect your documents. If you do so, send the password in a separate email from your application package.
Send your completed application and copies of all required documents or forms by mail to:
Recreation Customer Service Centre
Paramount Fine Foods Centre
5600 Rose Cherry Place
Mississauga, ON L4Z 4B6
Do not include original documents, as they will be destroyed after they are verified. Do not send cash by mail. If you’re not applying for the free program, include a cheque of $200 payable to the City of Mississauga.
What’s included in the program
The program runs from from November 30, 2020 until March 12, 2021. We’ll clear a three metre space in the windrow at the bottom of your driveway after each time we plow the snow. This may not be the full width of the driveway, but it will be enough space for one car to pass through.
Windrow snow clearing is done after residential and secondary roads have been plowed. It may take up to 36 hours after the end of a snow storm for windrows to be cleared.
Snow clearing does not necessarily mean you’ll be able to see bare pavement, there may still be some snow on the ground, but the surface will be safe and passable.
If you have any questions about the windrow program, please call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).
If you need more information or help with your application, please call the Recreation Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100 and select option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.