Report a problem with a catch basin

Use this service to report:

  • Cracked grates or frames
  • Pavement or ground collapsing, crumbling or settling around the catch basin
  • Debris such as sticks, rocks, leaves or other foreign material in the catch basin

If the damage is causing a flood or a public safety concern or if an unknown liquid has been spilled into the catchbasin, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).

Check request status Report problem

What happens next

  • We’ll do an inspection within three business days and make the area safe
  • If more work is required, we’ll add it to our job list

What is a catch basin

The catch basin is often called a sewer grate and is located near the curb. It is not a manhole cover, which is usually located in the middle of the street.

Two catch basins, or sewer grates next to a curb

Personal information

Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by City of Mississauga Staff to respond to your service request and/or inquiry.