Report a problem with a culvert or headwall

Use this service to report damage to a culvert or headwall or debris in a culvert.

The culvert is the hole for drainage, while the headwall is the cement or stone around it.

If the problem is causing a public safety concern or flooding on the street, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).

Check request status Report problem

What happens next

  • We’ll do an inspection within three business days and make the area safe
  • If more work is required, we’ll add it to our job list

Identifying the culvert and headwall

If you aren’t sure about what part is the culvert and what part is the headwall, you can refer to this example image.

A picture of a ditch with labels identifying the culvert and the headwall.

Personal information

Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by City of Mississauga Staff to respond to your service request and/or inquiry.