Use this service to report a damaged sidewalk that is not part of a new subdivision.
If the damaged sidewalk is causing a public safety concern call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).
If the damaged sidewalk is on private property, contact the property owner.
What happens next
- We’ll do an inspection within three business days and make the area safe
- If more work is required, we’ll add it to our job list
- If your property is impacted by repairs, you will receive a hand-delivered Construction Notice before construction begins. The construction map lists active repair work.
The City regularly monitors sidewalks throughout the year for:
- Raised sections with a ledge greater than two centimetres high
- Cracks greater than two centimetres wide
- Missing pieces
- Sunken areas that hold water for more than 24 hours.