To make a request for new traffic lights or an advanced left turn signal on a City road, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).
What happens next
The City will review your request and make a decision based on the Ministry of Transportation Ontario Traffic Manual guidelines.
When considering new traffic signals, the City reviews:
- Total intersection volume
- Pedestrian movements
- Collision history
When considering advanced left turn signals, the City looks for:
- A consistent delay to left-turning vehicles during study periods
- A review of collision patterns
If you’re requesting new traffic or left turn signals on the regional roads below, contact the Region of Peel.
- Airport Road
- Britannia Road (west of Hurontario Street)
- Cawthra Road
- Derry Road
- Dixie Road
- Erin Mills Parkway
- Finch Road
- Mississauga Road (north of Argentia Road)
- Winston Churchill Boulevard (south of Dundas Street)