The Business Licensing By-law requires that certain fixed business locations be licensed in order to operate in the City of Mississauga. An operating licence must be renewed annually. Refer to Licence Expiry Dates.
To apply for a Fixed Location Business Licence, some of the documents that may be required include but are not limited to:
- A completed Business Licence Application form. The application must be completed by an individual owner, a partner, the president or an authorized agent.
- A copy of your business registration papers.
- A copy of your Zoning Certificate of Occupancy (for fixed location businesses). For detailed information on how to apply for a Zoning Certificate of Occupancy go to the Forms Centre. For the Application for Certificate of Occupancy access the application form here.
- A criminal record search from Police Services. Click here to determine if your business requires a criminal record search. If so, read the Direction Sheet for a Criminal Record Search.
- Inspection of your location may be needed by Police, Fire, Planning and Building and/or the Region of Peel Public Health Department. Find out if your particular licence requires any approvals.
- Payment of your licence fees will be required at the time of application.
The following fixed location businesses in the table below require an operating licence.
- Adult Bookstore
- Adult Entertainment Business
- Adult Videotape Class "A"
- Adult Videotape Class "B"
- Body Rub Business Owner
- Amusement Arcade Class "A" & "B"
- Auto Service Station Class "A" & "B"
- Auto Service Class "C", "D" & "E"
- Billiard Parlour Class "A" & "B"
- Breeding or Boarding Kennel
- Lunch Counter
- Night Club
- Parking Lot
- Pet Shop
- Public Hall
- Salvage Yard
- Second Hand Goods Shop
- Take Out Restaurant
- Tobacco Sales
- Vehicle Pound Facility
- Customer Service: Call 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 outside city limits) Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.