Business Plan & Budget Archive
To work collaboratively with a wide variety of partners to build strong cultural institutions, complete communities and stimulate a creative economy.
The services we provide:
The Culture Division has two sections: Culture and Heritage Planning and Culture Operations. Culture and Heritage Planning is responsible for heritage planning, culture planning, public art, policy development, research and digital engagement. Culture Operations delivers performing arts, film and television services, arts and culture programs, grants, civic and major events, and manages operation of the Meadowvale Theatre, Museums and Mississauga Celebration Square (Celebration Square).
Interesting facts about this service:
$130,000 investment for Public Art program
- Almost 3.5 million people visited Celebration Square since its opening in 2011.
- Council adopted a new Cultural Policy and approved the City’s first Public Art Master Plan, Heritage Management Strategy and Creative Industries Strategy.
- Meadowvale Theatre hosted 347 performances/activities in 2016.
- Re-animation of museums resulted in 30,200 visitors and 4,445 program participants in 2016; that’s a 10 per cent increase from 2015 and a 27 per cent increase since 2010.
- There were 533 filming days in Mississauga with 196 permits issued in 2016.
- There are 38 pieces of Public Art in Mississauga; 14 are City-owned.