Business Plan & Budget Archive
To drive environmental excellence by providing environmental leadership that empowers and engages internal and external partners in environmental action and implementation of environmental best practices.
The services we provide:
The Environment service area (Environment Division), referred to as “Environment”, drives environmental excellence in Mississauga by providing:
- Climate change risk assessment and planning
- Environmental awareness and outreach, both in the community and internally with City staff
- Corporate waste management
- Environmental leadership Environmental metrics and reporting
Interesting facts about this service:
Leading the City’s response to climate change
- Environmental displays and activities at 70 community events across the city;
- Introduced Mississauga Green Facebook page;
- Manages the City’s environmental employee engagement program (Green Leaders);
- Improved waste diversion at the Civic Centre from 42 per cent to 66 per cent in two years.