Business Plan & Budget Archive
To lead environmental sustainability in Mississauga by empowering people to take environmental action.
The services we provide:
The Environment Division drives environmental sustainability in Mississauga by providing:
- Environmental strategic planning to develop plans, policies and programs that advance the City’s environmental priorities
- A framework for the City of Mississauga and the community to take action on climate change
- An efficient waste program for City of Mississauga facilities
- Awareness and education for residents and City staff to take environmental action
Interesting facts about this service:
$450,000 invested for climate change action plan
- Leading the City’s response to climate change.
- Engaged 14,000 people in environmental education and outreach at 60 community events throughout Mississauga.
- Managing 120 Green Leaders across the City in environmental action.
- Improved waste diversion at the Civic Centre by 25 per cent.
- Greening the City’s culture by infusing environmental considerations into City projects.