Land Development Services
Business Plan & Budget Archive
To provide strategic long term planning within a legislated planning policy framework. This involves the creation of policies, plans, processing development applications and building permits and undertaking building inspections to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the public while ensuring high quality customer service.
The Services we provide:
- Strategic plan development
- Long range and community land use planning
- Population and employment forecasting
- Establishment of urban design and built form vision for the city
- Development and design studies
- Planning opinion and customer information
- Review and approval of development applications
- Review of building permit applications and issuance of permits
- Building permit inspections and enforcement
Interesting facts about this service:
- Coordinates planning efforts across the Corporation to ensure alignment with the Strategic Plan, the Official Plan and Zoning By law.
4,400 building permit applications are processed annually
- Approximately 79,000 building, plumbing, heating and sign inspections conducted annually.