Business Plan & Budget Archive
To achieve compliance with municipal by-laws and provide services in a safe and professional manner to maintain order, safety and community standards in the City.
The services we provide:
Regulatory Services responds to service requests from the general public, City staff, the Mayor and Council. Addressing these requests may include investigating the issues, interpreting the by-laws and, when required, enforcing these by-laws.
Some of the key Regulatory Services include:
- Investigation of standards of care complaints for pets
- Parking considerations for property owners requiring temporary additional parking
- Physical inspections of vehicles licensed by the City
- Research and detailed reporting on issues of significant municipal interest which may be addressed through amending existing by-laws or establishing new by-laws
Interesting facts about this service:
- Regulatory Services staff actively enforce 35 by-laws including the Zoning By-law, Property Standards By-law and Animal Care and Control By-law
- The division received more than 40,000 requests for service are received each year
- More than 1,500 resident requests for enforcement of tall grass and weeds standards were investigated last year
- Animal Services has exceeded the industry gold-standard for save-rate since 2016
- Regulatory Services recovers operating costs through revenue generation
Over 35 by-laws actively enforced