City Manager's Office
Business Plan & Budget Archive
To lead, support and promote innovation, collaboration, accountability and partnerships. We drive performance excellence across the organization, lead by example in strategic risk taking and ensure the City's long term prosperity is protected.
The services we provide:
- Strategic Leadership, Economic Development, Internal Audit and Legal Service
- The City Manager’s Office (CMO) co-ordinates efforts across all five City departments to ensure alignment with all of the City’s key plans, including the Strategic Plan, the City Business Plan, the Economic Development Strategy and Corporate Policies.
Interesting facts about this service:
- The Economic Development Office (EDO) supports Mississauga’s business community of more than 88,600 businesses.
- The Legal Services team handled over 78,000 Provincial Offences Act (POA) in-court appearances in 2016 and provided on time legal advice and guidance to over 350 Councillor requests.
- Internal Audit has a unique reporting structure that allows them to operate independently and reinforces impartiality when conducting audits.
1% Budget Reduction program implemented
- Consistent with prior years, the City Manager and Leadership Team challenged all Service Areas to identify savings equal to 1% of the 2017 gross operating budget.