Small Project Matching Grants
The Small Project Matching Grants Program will accept and review applications on a continuous basis until October 2, 2020, or until the 2020 budget allotment is reached, whichever comes first.
The Small Project Matching Grants Program is open to Registered Groups in good standing with the City of Mississauga Community Group Registry Program Policy. Applications may be submitted by informal groups of residents or other community groups if the project is sponsored by a Registered Group in good standing with the City.
An amount from $250-$2500 can be requested to support a specific NEW initiative that is outside the normal range of activity for the applicant to be implemented and completed in 2019.
Please note: The program is still open for project ideas outside this theme that are "by the community for the community" that can:
- Strengthen neighbourhoods;
- Increase resident engagement; and
- Support residents to participate in events & activities at the neighbourhood level
Here are some additional project ideas to help you get started:
- Projects that engage new audiences including youth, newcomers and older adults in sport and recreational activities;
- Projects that support Age-friendly communities
- Neighbourhood learning events that allow residents to enhance knowledge and develop new skills around areas of mutual interest; and
- Neighbourhood events that allow residents to get to know one another and make connections;
Here's how you can apply:
- Review the Small Project Matching Grant Guidelines
- Contact the Community Development Unit, at 905-615-3200 x3458 or email@example.com to discuss your project idea to ensure eligibility and obtain an access code. Only eligible applicants will be provided with an access code.
- Once an access code has been provided to you, click Apply for a Grant to access the Online Grants Portal.
- You will then be prompted to login to the Portal or create an account.
- Once logged in select "View Grants" and then select "Create Submissions" next to the 'Small Projects Grant'
- You will then be required to enter the access code provided before being able to begin an application.