COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts

Report Excessive Noise

Use this service to report excessive noise in Mississauga.

To submit a request you need to:


1. Provide a valid Mississauga street address

You need to provide the street address for this service request. If the address cannot be found in our system you may need to call 3-1-1 to make your request.

2. Provide your contact information and email

Your email address will be used to send you a confirmation, and to help you receive status updates on your request.

Please confirm the following:


I am reporting ongoing noise.

The Noise Control By-law 360-79 states no person shall create, cause or emit any unusual noise or noises likely to disturb residents in Mississauga, unless an exemption has been granted. Noise complaints are not investigated, however, when a complaint is reported, a letter is sent to the person(s) creating the noise advising them that they are required to restrict the noise. A letter and package is also sent to you which includes a noise log sheet to document the time the noise starts and ends, the dates and type of noise for 3-4 weeks. It may be necessary for you to become involved in the process if the matter proceeds to legal action as you will be the witness to the violation.

I do not require the police at this time.

Noise disturbances caused by parties, domestic disputes or yelling should be dealt with by the police at the time they are occurring.

The noise is not from train whistling.

Complaints about train whistling for public rail crossings at grade should be referred to CN Rail - Emergency - CN Police (24/7) 1-800-465-9239 or CP Rail - Emergency - CP Police (24/7) 1-800-716-9132

I agree to the following terms.

Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001. The personal information will be used by City of Mississauga Staff for responding to your service request and/or inquiry. We may also follow-up with you or collect feedback once the service request has been closed. Questions regarding this collection should be addressed to Manager, 3-1-1 Citizen Contact Centre, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B 3C1. Telephone 3-1-1 or 905-615-4311 outside Mississauga.

Start Date

The City will mail documents within 10 business days.