Metrolinx and the City of Mississauga are working together to develop the preliminary design and complete the Transit Project Assessment Process for the Dundas Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project.
The third round of virtual public engagement was completed on February 1. The project team has considered the feedback and has finalized the Dundas BRT Mississauga East Environmental Project Report (EPR). The Notice of Completion of the Dundas BRT Mississauga East EPR was issued on February 22, 2022 to commence the 30-day public review period. As of February 23, the EPR documentation is available for review.
For more information and to provide feedback, visit Metrolinx Engage.
How to get involved
From February 22 – March 25, 2022, residents can provide comments on the Notice of Completion of the Dundas BRT Mississauga East EPR at Peel@metrolinx.com.
- News release: Mississauga Receives Transit Infrastructure Funding From Federal and Provincial Governments
- February 9, 2022 General Committee report – Dundas Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Mississauga East – Transit Project Assessment Process (Wards 1, 3, 4 and 7)
- Council Approval of February 9, 2022 General Committee report (as amended)
The Dundas BRT is planned to extend for 48 km along Dundas Street from Highway 6 in Hamilton to the Kipling Transit Hub in Toronto, including approximately 17 km in the City of Mississauga.
The Mississauga East segment of the Dundas BRT will run from the Etobicoke Creek to Confederation Parkway.
The Dundas BRT is part of a bold, forward-looking transportation plan aimed at creating stronger connections and providing fast, frequent and reliable transit to those in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Region.
Building upon the previous Dundas Connects (2018) Study, this work supports the municipal submission to the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program for the implementation of a segment of the Dundas BRT project in Mississauga from the eastern municipal border to Confederation Parkway.
This phase of work includes:
- Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP is an expedited Environmental Assessment process in which the environmental effects of the project will be analyzed). Within Mississauga, the TPAP Notice of Commencement was issued on December 10, 2021 and is anticipated to be completed in early 2022
- Preliminary Design and Preliminary Design Business case