The City of Mississauga has initiated a Planning and Preliminary Design study for various road improvements to Glen Erin Drive road corridor from Derry Road to Britannia Road West as part of an Integrated Project.
The Integrated Road Program is looking to improve coordination of City road projects, reduce construction costs, and construction nuisance/fatigue for local residents through the bundling of various road improvement projects. The planned improvements for Glen Erin Drive corridor include pavement rehabilitation, road safety, noise wall, cycling facilities, bridge rehabilitation and transit facilities.
The project is being planned under ‘Schedule A+’ of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process (October 2000, as amended in 2015), which is approved under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act.
Community Meeting #2
The second community information meeting will be an in-person virtual meeting on June 16, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM.
The meeting will present key feedback received from the March 2021 community meeting, present the final design, and discuss next steps. Attendees will have an opportunity to provide comments and pose questions to the Project Team during the virtual meeting.
Participate in the Community Meeting #2
Attend the in-person virtual meeting that will be held on the Webex Meetings platform.
You can join the meeting from your computer, mobile device, phone, or a video system. For additional instructions on how to attend and use the Webex Meetings platform, see the Webex Meetings participants guide.
User guidelines for virtual meetings
We look forward to your participation in the City of Mississauga’s Glen Erin Drive Integrated Road Project – Community Information Meeting #2 that will be held on Wednesday June 16, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
The meeting will be held on the Webex Meetings platform.
Step 1 – Register
No registration is required for this meeting. Users cannot view the information before hand and will need to attend during the specific meeting time.
If you are unable to click the link above, copy and paste into your browser: https://mississauga.webex.com/mississauga/j.php?MTID=m9c9790bacb52fe44a5950bb8692c3cc7
Step 2 – Prepare for the meeting
- Ensure your internet connection is reliable.
- Join the meeting 10 minutes before the meeting begins to give yourself time to resolve any potential internet connection issues.
- Find a quiet place to participate in the meeting. You will be automatically muted upon entry. Please keep yourself muted in the main meeting but unmute yourself during the Breakout Session and the Q&A period when you would like to speak.
- Your camera will be automatically turned off upon entry. If you would like, you can turn your camera on, but the choice is entirely yours – just be aware of your surroundings/background if you do. Please note that we may encourage you to turn your camera off to save bandwidth if the meeting is lagging.
- Always follow the moderator’s instructions and onscreen prompts. Doing so will allow you to get the most out of the meeting.
Step 3 – Join the meeting
You can join the meeting through three different methods:
- Desktop or Laptop Computer Browser
- Smartphone or Tablet using the Webex application
- Any regular phone with service. Dial 1-647-484-1596 and follow the prompts Meeting number (access code): 172 646 6990
Participate in the virtual event
Residents can participate in the the virtual public information session in the following ways:
Submit a question using Webex chat
- The chat box located beside the Participants icon. When sending a message in the Chat Box, please click “Everyone” in the drop‑down menu.
Asking a question in the meeting
- Click the Raise Hand icon if you would like to verbally ask a question or provide input during the Q&A period. This will let the meeting moderator know that you would like to direct questions/feedback to staff. When your name is called, unmute yourself to speak. Please re-mute yourself and lower your hand after asking.
Calling in by phone
- If you are calling in and would like to speak during the question and answer period, type in *3 on your keypad to “raise your hand” and notify the meeting moderator. You will be unmuted and be able to speak to ask you question. When you are done speaking you will be muted once again. Please type in *3 again to “lower your hand”.
Share your ideas and opinions on these proposed improvements by submitting a comment.
Please note the commenting period will be open until June 30, 2021.
If you require a hard copy of the materials, please contact the City’s Project Lead, they will work with you to receive the files with consideration of physical distancing guidelines.
Community Meeting #1
Community Meeting #1 was held on March 10, 2021, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The commenting period was open from February 24 to March 24, 2021 and is now closed.