Children’s play equipment

If you’re planning to build a children’s play structure or play equipment there are general provisions that regulate the location, size and height permitted on your property.

Check the general provisions for play equipment regulations in Table of the Zoning By-law.

Your project must meet zoning requirements, even if you don’t need to get a building permit.

Daycares and apartment buildings

Play equipment for a daycare or for mid to high-rise residential buildings require approval through the site plan process.

Contact us

If you need more information, please call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).


The information presented on this web page is provided for information purposes only. It should not be solely relied on when making decisions related to real estate transactions, development proposals or building permits.

We strongly advise you review the text in the official Zoning By-law and/or speak with City staff before making important decisions.