Report excessive noise

You can report excessive noise in your neighbourhood to the City.

If the noise is caused by parties, domestic disputes or yelling, report it to the police immediately.

If the noise is caused by train whistling, call CN Rail – Emergency – CN Police 1-800-465-9239 or CP Rail – Emergency – CP Police 1-800-716-9132 at any time.

Check request status Report noise

What happens next

  • Upon receipt of your complaint, we’ll review the information
  • We may send a letter to the person you’ve complained about asking them to restrict the noise
  • We may also send you a package within 10 business days, which includes a noise log sheet to note the noise start and end times, dates and type of noise over the next 3 to 4 weeks
  • We’ll review the evidence and let you know if any legal action can be initiated by you

Personal information

Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by City of Mississauga Staff to respond to your service request and/or inquiry.