Report nuisance lighting

Use this service to report a light on a private property that is causing a problem.

If the light is located:

  • On a sports field, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits)
  • In a transitway shelter, report it to MiWay Customer Service at 905-615-4636
  • On a railway, report it to Service Ontario at 416-326-1234 or 1-800-267-8097

Check request status Report nuisance lighting

What happens next

  • We’ll send a letter to the person you’ve complained about asking them to restrict the light
  • We’ll send you a package within 5 business days, which includes a log sheet so that you can note the nuisance lighting start and end times, dates and type of lighting
  • If the matter proceeds to legal action, you’ll need to be present as a witness