Use this service to report a light on a private property that is causing a problem.
If the light is located:
- On a sports field, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits)
- In a transitway shelter, report it to MiWay Customer Service at 905-615-4636
- On a railway, report it to Service Ontario at 416-326-1234 or 1-800-267-8097
What happens next
- We’ll send a letter to the person you’ve complained about asking them to restrict the light
- We’ll send you a package within 5 business days, which includes a log sheet so that you can note the nuisance lighting start and end times, dates and type of lighting
- If the matter proceeds to legal action, you’ll need to be present as a witness
Your personal information is collected under the authority of sections 11(1) and 227(c) of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by City of Mississauga Staff to respond to your service request and/or inquiry.