If you feel that the hard surface area on your property has been measured incorrectly, you can request a review of the stormwater assessment for your property online.
The review will determine whether your rooftop or impervious area has been mapped accurately using the most recent aerial imagery. The following characteristics of a property do not fall into the assessment scope:
- Soil types
- The ratio of hard surface area to total property area
- Proximity to creeks, rivers or ditches
- Presence of private stormwater measures such as downspout disconnection or the use of rain barrels
To request a review, you’ll need to look up your assessment on the stormwater estimator, give the street address of your property, and provide your email address.
Requesting a review does not guarantee your stormwater charge will be lowered. The charge may be raised, lowered or unchanged. The current assessment rate for your property will apply.
Other ways to request a review
You can also download the Request for Review Form and send it via email, mail, or fax.
Scan this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send this form to:
City of Mississauga
Transportation and Works
201 City Centre Drive, Suite 800
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 2T4
Fax this form to 905-615-3405, attention: Environmental Services.
What happens next
- Once we receive your request we’ll review the property using the most recent aerial imagery
- Site visits are not part of the review process
- You will receive notifications by email