Submit a telecommunication tower request

Changes to fee payments

As of January 1, 2023 you will no longer be able to pay for your application fees by cheque. View the pay fees information below for more details.

Telecommunication towers built by service providers are regulated by the federal government’s Radiocommunication Act. All final decisions about the location and construction of a tower are made by the federal government agency Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) Canada.

Telecommunication tower protocol

In some cases the City can provide comments to ISED Canada for consideration. In those cases, service providers should review the City’s Telecommunication Antenna/Tower Siting Protocol. And follow the steps below to request a preliminary meeting.

1. Create account and submit pre-application meeting request

Start by creating an ePlans account. Then log into ePlans and follow the steps to submit your pre-application meeting request, which includes uploading your drawings and documents.

You should submit the following drawings and documents with your pre-application meeting request:

  1. Cover letter describing the tower or antenna system, including height and dimensions
  2. Site plan or survey plan
  3. Site selection / justification report
  4. Elevation plan or simulated images

Drawings and documents should be saved in the correct view orientation.

File names for all drawings should include the first letter of the discipline name, such as “A” for architectural, followed by the three digit sheet number and drawing type. For example, “A100 – Site Plan”.

Each drawing plan sheet should be an individual file.

Make sure to use the “Complete – Notify the City of Mississauga” button to submit your request.

Once we receive your pre-application meeting request we’ll review the drawings and documents you’ve submitted, tell you what additional information is required, or any changes that should be made.

All feedback will also be available for you to view in ePlans.

2. Submit telecommunication tower request

When you’re ready to submit your telecommunication tower request, log into ePlans and follow the steps to create a request and pay the administration fee.

Shortly after submitting your telecommunication tower request, you’ll receive an email that includes your temporary project number and an invitation to upload the required documents.

You’ll be given a Submission Requirements Checklist at your DARC meeting. This will list the drawings and documents you need to upload, which will be some or all of the following:

Forms and schedules

Supporting information

  • Draft public notification package, including draft wording of any newspaper notice
  • Draft wording for site sign

Detailed information about these documents are outlined in the Telecommunication Antenna/Tower Siting Protocol.

3.  Pay fees

After the prescreen review, you will receive an email to pay your fees. To ensure there are no delays in processing your application, or having your application deemed incomplete, please submit your fee calculation worksheet for approval before any payment is made.

If you make an error in your payment, you will need to request a refund from the City which could take up to five business days to process.

When you’re ready to pay your fees, you have three options:

You can make electronic payments by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or wire transfer for planning application fees that exceed $30,000 and can’t be paid through ePlans or by email payment.

A $15 surcharge is applicable to all wire transfers. Please make sure this amount is added to your payment before transferring your payment to the City.

EFT payment process
  1. Complete the Electronic Payment Information Form

Please make sure that the information you provide in the form matches the information you send with your payment. This will prevent any delays in verifying and processing your payment.

    • If you’re paying as an individual you’ll need to include your name, full address, phone number and email address on the information form.
    • If you’re paying as a company you’ll need to include the legal business name, GST/HST registration number, company address, phone number, and the email address of a company representative on the information form.
  1. Submit the Electronic Payment Information Form

Email the form to both the City staff member who requested the payment and to In the subject line of your email please write “Electronic Payment” and include the file number and/or the property address.

  1. Pay the fees

The City staff member will email you the City’s banking information. Make the transfer through your financial institution and email the receipt to the City staff member who requested the payment and to

You can make an Interac e-transfer payment for application fees that are less than $25,000.

How to make an Interac e-transfer (email) payment
  • Prepare your Interac e-transfer (email) from your bank
  • In your message to the contact, make sure you include a cross-reference number to link the application to the fee payment:
    • Planning applications cross-reference number is the “ePlans Pre-Application Number”
  • Email the payment to

When you make your payment it will be automatically deposited to the City. There are no reversals or cancellations.

You can use a credit card to pay for application fees that are less than $30,000. Credit card payments must be processed through ePlans.

Once we’ve received your payment, City staff will clear the payment condition. It can take up to two business days for us to receive the transaction information and for the payment condition to be cleared.

Once you’ve paid the fees, your application will be created and we’ll email you an application number.

4. Review

Once we receive your request we’ll review the documents you’ve submitted and tell you if additional information is required, or any changes need to be made.

If all of the information is correct, you’ll be able to proceed with public notification and consultation.

Contact information

If you have questions or concerns about a tower in your area or the decision-making process, you may want to contact Industry Canada or your local Member of Parliament.

If you’ve received a public notification about a tower being built in your area, you can submit written comments to the service provider in accordance with the notice.

If you have questions about health issues related to telecom towers, contact Health Canada.

If you need more information about your application, call 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits) or email