Dispute a parking ticket

The City issues two types of parking tickets:

Dispute a P parking ticket

If you believe you’ve received a ‘P’ parking ticket in error, have special circumstances or are unable to pay your ticket, you can dispute it online or in person with a Screening Officer.

You have 15 days from the date you received your ticket to dispute it online, or request an in-person dispute.

To dispute your parking ticket, complete the online form and tell us:

  • Why you think the parking ticket should be cancelled or varied
  • Why any fees should be cancelled or varied
  • Why you need more time to pay the ticket or review the ticket

You can also check the progress of your dispute online.

Check dispute status Dispute ticket online

Upload supporting evidence

You’ll have the option to attach evidence like a photo to support your dispute.

This is the only opportunity you will have to submit evidence.

You can attach up to five separate files. Each file must be less than 5 megabytes.

Files must be in one of the following formats: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf. Word documents or video files will not be accepted.

There are two ways to dispute a parking ticket in person, by booking an appointment online or coming to the Ontario Court of Justice.

If you request your appointment online, we’ll confirm your appointment date within five days via email. You can also check the progress of your request online.

Check request status Dispute ticket in person

If you’re coming to the court to schedule an appointment, complete the Screening Request Form and bring it to the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Offences Office at 950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Mississauga, Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Extension reviews

If due to special circumstances you’ve missed the 15-day deadline to submit a request to dispute your parking ticket, you have an additional 30 days to request an extension review. Extension review requests must be made in person at the Ontario Court of Justice.

If granted, a Screening Officer will see you the same day. Any decisions made at extension reviews are final.