The Citizen Satisfaction Survey helps the City make decisions that benefit everyone who live and work in Mississauga. It helps the City gauge people’s thoughts and opinions on City programs and services. It also allows the City to monitor and review trends to understand changing needs and perceptions of citizens.
2023 Citizen Satisfaction Survey
The 2023 Citizen Satisfaction Survey project is complete and the results are in. Mississauga continues to be a great place to call home:
- 79% rated the overall quality of life as excellent or good
- 74% are satisfied with the programs and services provided by the City
- 60% agree that Mississauga is moving in the right direction to ensure it is a dynamic and beautiful global city
- 85% agree that Mississauga is an open and welcoming community
- 80% indicated they are proud to say they are from Mississauga
What research methodology was used for this survey?
This survey was conducted using a combination of CATI methodology (online survey) and CAWI methodology (telephone survey) of randomly selected Mississauga residents aged 18 years and older. In total, 2082 interviews were conducted city-wide.
The online survey was conducted from April 6 to April 27, 2023. A total of 1,000 residents were interviewed to gauge their overall satisfaction with municipal government, quality of life, perceived value for taxes, general communication and customer service.
The telephone survey was conducted from April 6 to 25, 2023. A total of 1,000 residents were interviewed to gauge their satisfaction with various City programs and services.
When will the next survey be conducted?
Generally the Citizen Satisfaction Survey is conducted every two years. The next survey is scheduled for 2025.