About the review
Stakeholder consultation is underway to:
- Share details about the alternative rate methodology
- Gather feedback on the proposed by-law changes
The new by-law is expected to come before Council in early 2022.
A Parks Plan, which reviews Mississauga’s city-wide parkland needs, is completed. The General Committee will consider the plan for approval on March 9, 2022. Following the General Committee, the plan will go to Council for final approval on March 23, 2022.
This plan also:
- Identifies areas of the City that present or will present parkland deficit
- Satisfies the requirements of the Planning Act
- Provides a base for the parkland conveyance by-law to demonstrate the need to collect land and/or cash-in-lieu
Additional parkland provision data collected as part of the Parks Plan is available.
The Parks Plan and Parkland Conveyance By-law Summary Report is available for review. The report summarizes the Parks Plan and the methodology being used to update the Parkland Conveyance By-law.
The City provided an update on both projects in a Parkland Conveyance By-law and Parks Plan Update report to Budget Committee on June 23, 2021.