About the review
Stakeholder consultation was undertaken to:
- Share details about the alternative rate methodology
- Gather feedback on the proposed by-law changes
A Parks Plan, which reviews Mississauga’s city-wide parkland needs, is completed and was approved by Council on March 23, 2022.
This plan also:
- Identifies areas of the City that present or will present parkland deficit
- Satisfies the requirements of the Planning Act
- Provides a base for the parkland conveyance by-law to demonstrate the need to collect land and/or cash-in-lieu
Additional parkland provision data collected as part of the Parks Plan is available.
The Parks Plan and Parkland Conveyance By-law Summary Report was provided for review. The report summarizes the Parks Plan and the methodology being used to update the Parkland Conveyance By-law.
The City provided an update on both projects in a Parkland Conveyance By-law and Parks Plan Update report to Budget Committee on June 23, 2021.
Council approved the Parkland Conveyance By-law on June 22, 2022.