Draft background study and by-law
The draft 2022 DC Background Study reports (March 4, 2022 version) are available below:
- Draft 2022 Development Charges Background Study
- Draft 2022 Transportation Background Study
- Draft 2022 Stormwater Drainage Component
The draft 2022 DC By-law (March 23, 2022 version) is available.
The draft 2022 DC Background Study and By-law were presented at a Statutory Public Meeting on April 6, 2022 for feedback and comments. The corporate report is available below.
The draft Study and By-law, with minor technical amendments, were presented for General Committee consideration on June 15, 2022. The corporate report is available and includes the updated draft By-law and rates. Council approved the updated Background Study and By-law on June 22, 2022. The corporate report is available below.
Corporate reports, technical inputs and consultation materials
View the following corporate reports related to the DC By-law Review:
- Council, June 22, 2022: Item 17.1 2022 Development Charges By-law and Item GC-0411-2022 Development Charges Recommendations
- General Committee, June 15, 2022: Item 10.3 2022 DC Background Study & CBC Strategy and Associated By-laws
- Statutory Public Meeting, April 6, 2022: Item 11.1 2022 Development Charges and Community Benefits Charges Public Meeting
- Budget Committee, June 21, 2021: Item 7.1 – 2022 Development Charges Background Study and Community Benefits Charge Update
- General Committee, March 31, 2021: Item 9.3 – Mississauga’s Population and Employment Forecasts for the Development Charges and Community Benefits Charge By-law Review and Item 9.4 – Development Charges Background Study and Community Benefits Charge Strategy Project Update
View the following presentations from previous stakeholder meetings:
As information becomes available, it will be posted on this page. For questions or comments please contact Shahada Khan, Manager, Development Financing & Reserve Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.