We want to make Paul Coffey Park a popular Malton destination, a community treasure as well as a place where people want to be.
Developing this Master Plan will allow us to:
- continue to provide recreational opportunities
- restore some existing park features
- improve safety
- enhance the landscape
Paul Coffey Park is a multi-faceted community park in Malton. Heavily used by residents, sports groups and cultural groups, the park spans approximately 45.5 hectares (112.4 acres).
Acquired in 1965 by the City, the park has undergone considerable challenges including substantial loss of its tree canopy due to insect infestation.
Recognized as a valued asset to the Malton Community, redevelopment of the park will enhance the design quality, social and environmental attributes to meet current and future user needs.
The redevelopment of Paul Coffey Park was a recommendation from the Future Directions Parks & Forestry Master Plan.
- Public Information Session #2 Presentation (November 6, 2017)
- Concept Options for Park Redevelopment (November 2017)
- Notice of Public Information Session #2 (November 2017)
- Public Information Session #1 Presentation (June 6, 2017)
- Notice of Public Information Session #1 (June 2017)
- Area Context
- Site Context Map
- Master Plan Process and Timelines