9.22.8. Factory-Built Fireplaces
184.108.40.206. Conformance to Standard
(1) Factory-built fireplaces and their installation shall conform to CAN/ULC-S610-M, "Factory-Built Fireplaces".
9.22.9. Clearance of Combustible Material
220.127.116.11. Clearance to the Fireplace Opening
(1) Combustible material shall not be placed on or near the face of a fireplace within 150 mm of the fireplace opening, except that where the combustible material projects more than 38 mm out from the face of the fireplace above the opening, such material shall be at least 300 mm above the top of the opening.
18.104.22.168. Metal Exposed to the Interior
(1) Metal exposed to the interior of a fireplace such as the damper control mechanism shall have a least 50 mm clearance from any combustible material on the face of the fireplace where such metal penetrates through the face of the fireplace.
22.214.171.124. Clearance to Combustible Framing
(1) Not less than a 100 mm clearance shall be provided between the back and sides of a solid fuel-burning fireplace and combustible framing, except that a 50 mm clearance is permitted where the fireplace is located in an exterior wall.
(2) Not less than a 50 mm clearance shall be provided between the back and sides of the smoke chamber of a solid fuel-burning fireplace and combustible framing, except that a 25 mm clearance is permitted where the fireplace is located in an exterior wall.
126.96.36.199. Heat Circulating Duct Openings
(1) The clearance of combustible material above heat circulating duct openings from those openings shall be not less than,
(a) 300 mm where the combustible material projects not less than 38 mm from the face, and
(b) 150 mm where the projection is less than 38 mm.
9.22.10. Fireplace Inserts and Hearth-Mounted Stoves
188.8.131.52. Appliance Standard
(1) Fireplace inserts and hearth mounted stoves vented through the throat of a fireplace shall conform ULC-S628, "Fireplace Inserts".
(1) The installation of fireplace inserts and hearth mounted stoves vented through the throat of a fireplace shall conform to CSA B365, "installation Code for Solid-Fuel-Burning Appliances and Equipment".
(2) Fireplace inserts and hearth mounted stoves vented through the throat of a fireplace described in Sentence (1) may be installed in existing fireplaces only if a minimum thickness of 190 mm of solid masonry is provided between the smoke chamber and any existing combustible materials, unless the insert is listed for lesser clearances.
(3) A fireplace insert installed in a masonry fireplace shall have,
(a) a listed metal chimney liner installed from the insert collar to the top of the chimney, or
(b) a direct sealed connection to the chimney flue where such provision is part of an insert conforming to Sentence 184.108.40.206.(1).