Work will be completed in 2021. The development of the outdoor fitness areas are made possible by the Government of Canada. Outdoor fitness areas are a supported use within the City’s Parks and Forestry Future Directions Master Plan (2019).
The outdoor fitness areas will include the following features:
- Stationary fitness equipment
- Instructional exercise signage
- Safety surfacing
- Accessible connections to existing park trails
These outdoor fitness areas will be designed to meet safety and accessibility standards.
View PDF renderings of the new outdoor fitness areas at each park:
- Outdoor fitness area at Ron Lenyk Springfield Park
- Outdoor fitness area at King’s Masting Park
- Outdoor fitness area at Crawford Green
- Outdoor fitness area at Brookmede Park
Questions and answers
Outdoor fitness areas are open year round.
Yes, there are several transit stops close to these parks. Visit triplinx.ca to plan your trip or to locate transit stops.
Yes. The City has implemented over 30 outdoor fitness areas across Mississauga. Find locations.
Outdoor fitness areas in parks are available to everyone and increase opportunities for physical fitness, in support of active lifestyles.