Community Infrastructure Improvement
City of Mississauga Capital Budget
Moffet and Duncan Architects Inc.
PCL Constructors Canada Inc
According to the City of Mississauga's Strategic Plan, one of the City's strategic goals is to
build and maintain its infrastructure for its citizens for generations to come. Sound,
functional and attractive buildings, facilities, roads, transit, public and open spaces are
integral to completing our neighbourhoods as we build a City for the 21st century.
Don McLean Westacres Outdoor Pool is 47 years old and serves approximately 85,000 residents and
is the last of the Citys outdoor pools to be redeveloped. Construction will update the
pools mechanical systems to increase its lifecycle, efficient use of energy and water,
and improve accessibility for residents of all ages.
Reinvesting in the redevelopment of the existing outdoor pool and building will significantly
expand the outdoor pools lifespan, and will include:
* Updating facility change rooms and washrooms
* Replacing the pool tank
* Bringing the facility to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
* Providing two barrier-free parking spaces
* Upgrading site services
* Replacing the pool deck
This investment will generate a number of benefits for the community with enhancements that
* Improved energy efficiency
* Reduced water consumption by replacing pool tank and filtration system
* Better accessibility
* Shaded area for pool users
* Increased use by area residents due to the facility's new, modern and appealing visual and
The community has committed to raise funds towards the project.
For a glimpse of the project drawings, please click on the link
McLean Westacres Outdoor Pool