See the programs and services available to young people aged 12 to 24 in Mississauga.
Attend an event or program
National Youth Week
National Youth Week takes place every year from May 1 to May 7 and features community events; celebrating arts, environment, literacy and recreation.
Build your career
Access the library’s online career resources and databases.
Protect the environment
Participate in the Climate Change Action Plan and help the City reduce our carbon footprint.
Mississauga also offers a number of parks, trails, playgrounds and public spaces to enjoy throughout the year.
Join a youth group
Join a youth group or organization and stay connected with the over 145,000 young people in Mississauga.
The City offers volunteer opportunities to high school students wanting to complete volunteer hours and to residents who’d like to be part of the City’s community initiatives. Volunteer activities include:
- Fostering a pet
- Supporting events and festivals
- Helping with book sales
- Becoming a MiWay ambassador
- Planting trees
- Helping with swimming or skating lessons
- Helping others explore the arts
You can also contribute to your community on a committee or board.
The Youth Plan
The 2020 Youth Plan for Recreation includes 18 recommendations that will set our priorities for young people in Mississauga, over the next five years.
Through research, engagement sessions and surveys, we decided to focus on the following five areas:
- Use of space and new programming opportunities
- Inclusion, access and supportive environments
- Youth leadership and employment opportunities
- Communications targeted at youth
- Role clarity between the City and its partners