At the Animal Services Shelter we welcome monetary or in-kind donations that help support our commitment to keep the animals in our care healthier, safer and comfortable.
Your donations provide animals with food and items that they will need during their stay at the shelter.
You’ll help save an animal from suffering and pain by supporting their surgeries or medicines if they’re sick or injured.
We appreciate your donation and thank you for your generosity!
Donate to SCARF
Your donations to the Animal Services Special Care for Animals and Resources Fund (SCARF) will help animals in our care recover until they are healthy enough to be adopted.
Your donations can:
- Provide extra veterinary care and specialized surgeries
- Purchase shelter items and medications for the animals
- Support spay and neuter of adoption animals
- Provide funds to the animal foster care program for specialized diets and care
- Make non-budgeted shelter improvements to animal housing and equipment
- Promote awareness through education and outreach programs
Other ways to donate to SCARF
Complete the SCARF Donation Form and mail it with your cheque (made payable to Mississauga Animal Services – SCARF), to:
Mississauga Animal Services
735 Central Parkway West
Mississauga, ON L5C 4H4
Visit the shelter to submit the completed SCARF Donation Form and make your donation by cheque, cash, Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
If you’re donating in memory of or on behalf of a person or pet, include details and all mailing information so that we can send an official acknowledgement letter.
Donations of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt.
We accept new and gently used items for animals at the Animal Services shelter. You can drop off any of the following items:
- Iams – cat food (dry)
- Purina Pro Plan – dog food (dry)
- Cesars dog food (dry and canned)
- Leather or nylon leashes and collars
- Dog and cat treats
- Yesterday’s News – cat litter
- Toys that can be washed and sterilized
- Pine shavings
- Timothy Hay (nutritious grass for small animals)
- Water Bottles – all sizes
- Bird Items – cages, feeders, perches, millet seed
- Pocket Pet Items – chew sticks, houses, climbers, cages
- Dog and cat brushes
- Cages, carriers, crates, aquariums
- Cat climbers and scratching posts
- Pet food bowls
- Blankets, towels