Mississauga Animal Services helps with emergency animal rescue and investigates complaints related to animal care, dog bites or by-laws.
Animal emergencies 24/7
Call 905-896-5858 and choose option one immediately if you come across an animal that is:
- Visibly injured or sick
- Suffering or in immediate distress
- Running in traffic or in danger
- Locked in a hot vehicle
- Wild and bites a pet or person
- Acting aggressively to people or pets
When to call 911
Call 911 immediately if:
- A person or pet’s life is at risk
- A person or pet has been injured in an animal attack and requires immediate medical attention
- An animal attack is putting public safety at risk
- The attacking animal is still at large and could be an immediate threat to public safety
To report cases of animal neglect or cruelty, please call the Provincial Animal Welfare Services at 1-833-9-264625.
Reporting animal bites
If you’re bitten by an animal, wash the wound with warm soapy water, seek medical attention and report the incident.
To report a dog bite to a person or pet, call Mississauga Animal Services 24/7 reporting line at 905-896-5858, ext 3932 to leave a message. If anyone saw the incident, they can complete a witness statement.
All other animal bites to humans must be reported to the Region of Peel Health Department.
If your pet is bitten, you should contact your veterinarian.
To make an Animal Care and Control By-law complaint, call Mississauga Animal Services at 905-896-5858, choose option one.