Refreshment vehicles (By-law 520-04), often referred to as Coffee Trucks or
Catering Trucks provide food service to sites throughout the City. Because of their mobility
they may serve customers whose work location is too remote to allow access to breaktime
refreshments or find themselves working in areas that have no local refreshment distribution.
These refreshment vehicles are licensed in order to insure that the vehicle and operator meet
minimum standards for safe operation and sanitary conditions. The By-law governing refreshment
vehicles also places limitation upon the activities that these vehicles are engaged in,
specifically these vehicles are prohibited from:
- Operating from a roadway
- Operating from private property without the private property owners
- Operating from a location on private property for more than thirty minutes in any
one hour period
- Operating from a location within 150 metres of the previous location
- Operating within 30 metres of any intersection or withing 60 metres of any public
- Operating within 90 metres of the property line of land occupied by a school on a
school day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
This information is for convenience and quick reference only. For specific information
contact the Mobile Licensing Office by dialling 3-1-1 (Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00
p.m.). If calling outside of City limits, please dial 905-615-4311. For an emergency after
hours, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. weekends and holidays, please call 905-615-3000.