To apply for a Parking Lot licence you’ll need to submit:
- A Driver/Operator Licence Application
- Letter of Permission from Property Owner to operate a paid parking lot
- Articles of incorporation and/or business registration documents
- Letter of Authorization from Director when sending an Agent to act on behalf
- Zoning Certificate of Occupancy for permitted use of location. Approval for a minor variance from the Committee of Adjustment may also be required.
- Site location map of the parking lot that requires a licence
- Letter describing the maximum number of motor vehicles authorized to be parked on the premises at any one time and the hours of operation
The site must be inspected by a Mobile Licensing Enforcement Officer.
A paid parking lot licence will cost $200.50 along with site inspection fee of $123.74 (HST included). Fees are payable by cheque, Debit, Visa, Master Card or AMEX.
Renewing an owner’s licence
Your licence will expire one year from the date of issuance. A renewal notice will be mailed to the address we have on file for you.
To renew your licence, you’ll need to submit the following documents and pay your renewal fee:
- A Licence Renewal Application completed by the Director/Owner
- Valid master business name registration, if applicable
The business location will be inspected by a Mobile Licensing Enforcement Officer to ensure bylaw requirements are met.
The fee to renew your licence is $195.50.
If you don’t renew your licence by the expiry date, you’ll have to reapply as a new applicant.