Let's Keep our Parks Clean and Green
Mississauga has more than 480 parks and 295km of trails and woodlands. Our parks are home to biking and hiking trails, picnic parks, sports fields, skating rinks, tobogganing hills, playgrounds and spray pads. Mississauga parks offer something for everyone all year!
Parks are public spaces that we all share. It's up to each one of us to do our part to care for these spaces and keep them clean for everyone to enjoy. If we all follow some simple rules and etiquette, our parks and trails will be enjoyable for everyone.
Be mindful of park space and how you use it. We all share these public spaces together.
- Follow the rules posted on signs (the rules protect you and the park).
- Use the waste and recycling bins provided, especially after using a picnic area or sports field. Clean up after yourself and leave the area as clean as you found it.
- If you use a BBQ, completely extinguish coals before leaving. Do not dump them as it is a fire and safety hazard.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes unless in a leash-free zone. Always pick up after your dog.
- Stay to the right on trails, pass on the left and remember that pedestrians always have the right-of-way.
- Cyclists on trails follow the same rules: keep to the right, pass pedestrians on the left and use a warning bell.
- If parking lot(s) are full, be considerate when parking on nearby streets and obey streets signs and park in designated areas only. Do not park on the grass.
- It's now illegal to smoke within 20 metres of children's playgrounds & public sports areas in Ontario.
- In case of heavy rain, keep away from trails, creeks and rivers with high water levels.
See a problem in a City-owned park? Call the 24-hour Parks Watch hotline at 905-615-4060.
For other problems contact the Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311.
Emergency: call 9-1-1
Credit Village Marina
Lakefront Promenade Marina