License a Pet
Every dog and cat in Mississauga needs to be licensed as per the Animal Care and Control By-law 0098-04. A pet licence is your pet's identification containing vital information that can help Mississauga Animal Services return them right to your door. Licences must be renewed each year on the anniversary of purchase.
Pet owners are responsible for the purchase and renewal of a pet licence. Pet licences must be visible on the pet's collar.
Two-Year Pet Licences Now Available Online
You can purchase a two-year pet licence online and save money. Pet licences are still available by phone, mail or in person at our Animal Services shelter or your local community centre.
A Fee Assistance program is available for eligible residents. Please call Animal Services at 905-896-5858 if you need more information.
|Regular rate||1 year||2 year|
|Dog or cat||$45||$80|
|Spayed or neutered dog or cat||$20||$30|
|Older adults' rate (65 years and above)||1 year||2 year|
|Dog or cat||$20||$40|
|Spayed or neutered dog or cat||$10||$20|
|Fee assistance||Conditions apply
Please contact Animal Services at
Please contact Animal Services to purchase
- Reduced rates for person's 65 years of age or older with valid identification
- Veterinarian information required for spay/neuter reduced rates
- Replacement tags must be purchased at the shelter or by phone
Pet licence fees support:
- care and feeding of homeless pets
- returning lost pets to their homes
- veterinary services to animals in the care of Animal Services
- adopting homeless pets to new families
- rescuing sick, injured domestic animals and wildlife
- 24/7 emergency animal rescue services
- investigating animal care issues
- keeping neighbourhoods safe for people and pets
- community education programs