License a Pet
Every dog and cat in Mississauga needs to be licensed as per the Animal Care and Control By-law 0098-04. A pet licence is your pet's identification containing vital information that can help Mississauga Animal Services return them right to your door. Licences must be renewed each year on the anniversary of purchase.
Pet owners are responsible for the purchase and renewal of a pet licence. Pet licences must be visible on the pet's collar.
|Type of Pet||Regular Rate||Seniors' Rate
(65 years and above)
|Unaltered Dog or Cat||$45 per year||$20 per year|
|Spayed or Neutered Dog or Cat||$20 per year||$10 per year|
|Service Dog*||No fee||No fee|
* Valid certificate/identification required.
Pet licence fees support:
- care and feeding of homeless pets
- returning lost pets to their homes
- veterinary services to animals in the care of Animal Services
- adopting homeless pets to new families
- rescuing sick, injured domestic animals and wildlife
- 24/7 emergency animal rescue services
- investigating animal care issues
- keeping neighbourhoods safe for people and pets
- community education programs
New pet owner?
Existing pet owner?
Renew a pet licence
License a new pet
Update owner and pet information
View previous transactions
NOTE: You will be required to create a login profile to use our online service. If you have difficulty logging in, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call 905-896-5858, press option 3. (Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.). You can pay using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
For Replacement tags: Call 905-896-5858, press option 3.
Local Community Centre
- Pet licences can be purchased at your local Community Centre.
- Existing pet licences can be renewed at Community Centres only if you bring your pet licence renewal form.
- Replacement tags cannot be purchased at a Community Centre. Contact the shelter to purchase a replacement tag.
- Cheques are not accepted at Community Centres for payment.