Low-income seniors (65+ years) or low-income persons with disabilities can apply for a subsidy to help cover the cost of maintaining the outside of their property, including maintaining their yard, trees, garden and snow removal.
The subsidy is available from January 1 to December 31. If you qualify for the subsidy, submit your application by March 31 of the following year. For example, if you’re applying for 2020 you must submit your application by March 31, 2021.
Who is eligible
To qualify for the outdoor maintenance subsidy you must:
- Be the owner of the property, the spouse of the owner, or a tenant who currently lives at the property
- The property you’re claiming expenses for must be your primary residence
- Be receiving benefits under the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) Program or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) during the year you’re claiming the subsidy
- For any maintenance services such as lawn care or snow removal that you’re claiming, you must provide proof of payment or a receipt
You will not be eligible for the subsidy if you:
- Have another person living at the property who is over the age of 16 and able-bodied
- Live in an apartment building or condominium where outdoor maintenance services are provided by a corporation
Applying for the subsidy
Complete and submit the Outdoor Maintenance Subsidy Application Form and supporting documents in any of the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Mississauga Taxes, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
- In person at 300 City Centre Drive at the cashiers on the ground floor between 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. or at the property taxes customer service counter on the 4th floor, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fax: 905-615-3972