COVID-19: Latest news and information

Tax assistance for residents

Low income seniors (65+ years) or low income persons with disabilities who own and live in their own home for at least one year and meet the following criteria can apply for a tax rebate on their annual property tax.

Every owner of the property must be receiving benefits under the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) Program, or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or must be the spouse of an owner receiving the GIS or ODSP benefit.

For example:

  • If a husband and wife own the property, either one must be receiving GIS or ODSP
  • If a husband and wife own the property with a sibling, the sibling and either the husband or wife must be receiving GIS or ODSP
  • If two siblings own the property, both siblings must be receiving the GIS or ODSP

If you qualify for the tax rebate, you’ll automatically qualify for a Stormwater Charge Subsidy. Single family homes will receive the subsidy on their Region of Peel water bill. Condominiums will receive a cheque mailed to them from the City of Mississauga.

How to apply for a tax rebate

Complete the tax rebate application form and submit it in any of the following ways:

We must receive the form by December 31 of the year in which you’re claiming the rebate.

Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant

The Province of Ontario gives a grant to help low income seniors with their property taxes . Find out more at Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant program.