The Leslie Log House, built 1826, was the original home of John Leslie and his wife Esther Beatty who came to Upper Canada in 1824 from Sutherlandshire, Scotland. John Leslie leased 200 acres from King's College, Lot 12, Con. 5 W in Toronto Township, on which he built on the south half a story-and-a-half log home, 26 by 36 feet, that remained in the family for 100 years. Most of the seven Leslie children remained in the area. Robert Leslie (18-12-1886) was a master builder, credited with building the William Barber House, Streetsville, Oliver Hammond House, and Benares, Clarkson.
On May 14, 1994 the Leslie Log House was moved from its original location north and west of Derry Road West and Mississauga Road, to the present site. The relocation was necessary to preserve the structure by placing it in a more compatible setting that the industrial area that had developed around it. The building has been conserved as an example of early 19th century architecture and the lifestyle led by Mississauga's pioneer settlers.