As part of the Lakeshore Transportation Studies, the City of Mississauga is developing the preliminary design and completing the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) for the Lakeshore Bus Rapid Transit Project (BRT). A TPAP is an expedited Environmental Assessment process in which the environmental effects of the project are analyzed.
The Lakeshore BRT is planned to extend for two kilometres along Lakeshore Road from the Etobicoke Creek to East Avenue. This project has received funding through the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) and will have an expedited timeline for development. Learn more about the ICIP funding granted to the City of Mississauga.
For this project, the TPAP Notice of Commencement was re-issued in June 2022. The project has completed an Environmental Project Report (EPR) and has issued the TPAP Notice of Completion on July 27, 2023.
The EPR is intended to provide information on the project and its potential impacts on the natural, social, cultural, and transportation environments, as well as to outline mitigation measures and future commitments to reduce these impacts.
The EPR is available online in the Project Documents section below. The 30 day public review period has closed as of August 28, 2023.
Alternative formats of the EPR and its appendices are available upon request.
How to get involved
Public and stakeholder consultation is an essential component of the Lakeshore Transportation Studies. Learn more about how you can get involved.
- Notice of Open House 1 (Pre-TPAP)
- Notice of Commencement of TPAP
- Notice of Commencement of TPAP – Reissued
- Notice of Issue
- Notice of Resumption
- Notice of Completion
- Environmental Project Report (EPR)
- Environmental Project Report (Appendices)
- Appendix A – Natural Environment Report
- Appendix B – Arborist Report
- Appendix C – Fluvial Geomorphology Report
- Appendix D – Drainage and Stormwater Management Report
- Appendix F – Cultural Heritage Report
- Appendix E – Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix G – Stage 1-2 Archaeology Assessment Report
- Appendix H – Air Quality Report
- Appendix I – Environmental Noise Assessment
- Appendix J – Corridor Design
- Appendix K.1 – Utility Conflict Plan
- Appendix K.2 – Utility Relocation Plan
- Appendix L.1 – Notices (refer to above copies of Notices)
- Appendix L.2 – Public Feedback Reports
- Appendix L.3 – Agency Comments
- Appendix L.4 – Indigenous Communications Log
- Appendix M – Climate Change Report
- Appendix N – Construction Staging and Implementation Report
- Appendix O – Applewood Creek and Serson Creek Crossings General Arrangement Drawings